Under 1 year:
- Formula? Switch brands. Try avoid.
- Tongue Tie: need to rule out or if hx may still need integration.
- Use 1 tsp of Aloe Vera Concentrate in bottle. Can also dip finger in it and have baby suck. This is to “get it out”.
- Probiotic: Klaire. Under 6 months Dip finger. Over 6 months: add full amount to bottle/drink. May need to work up slowly in amount.
- Mom: take out gluten and dairy, possibly eggs. Watch introduction of solids.
Over 1 year:
- Eat Calm. Make sure they are sitting and eating, especially toddlers. If you can get them to do it : hum, blow on pinwheel, bubbles, etc for vagal tone
- Chew food thoroughly. It should resemble consistency of applesauce prior to swallowing.
- Squatty Potty
- Digestive enzyme. Vital Zymes. Start with ½ pill. Color of bm tells you if stomach acid low: should be medium brown. If light brown or gray then needs more stomach acid. Same if putrid smell to bms, or really gassy. (RESETS)
- Prebiotic and/or probiotic. Especially if history of antibiotic use or thrush/candida/yeast.
Start with ½ pill crushed into food (applesauce works great) (RESETS)
- Magnesium Citrate: can be deficient in Mg, especially if picky eater. Start 200 mg and then work up 400mg. Use short term to get it out
- Aloe Vera: 1 tsp can be used to “push stuff out” Also soothes the stomach lining. Best for babies and little kids. Use short term to get it out
- Heather’s Tummy Fiber: can be used as a “hail mary” to push stuff out. This is probably the best when you just need to get poop out!!!!
- May need to eliminate gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, soy, etc. Food testing.
- Make sure drinking plenty of WATER
- Can try ileocecal massage (ask for handout)
- Can try Vagal Stim (ask for handout)
- REMEMBER MEDICATIONS OFTEN MAKE IT WORSE (COMMON SIDE EFFECT)