Never been to a Chiropractor before?
Here are some of the most common questions that many people have before their first visit to our office:
- What is Chiropractic?
- Chiropractic care involves the repositioning of the spine to reduce pressure to the delicate spinal cord and nerves. Nerves are the messaging system of the body and interference to this system results in a poorly functioning body and subsequent pain, illness, and disease. Chiropractors perform an adjustment to the vertebrae which helps the joint move more appropriately and guides the spine into proper alignment
- Is it safe?
- Yes! Chiropractic is widely recognized as one of the safest drug-free, non-invasive therapies available for the treatment of neuromusculoskeletal complaints. The British Medical journal reported on a research study for low back pain that chiropractic is one of the safest forms of treatment available. Adjustments are non-invasive which means the body’s response to it is more predictable than its reactions to drug treatments or surgical condition
- I’ve heard once you go to a chiropractor you will always have to come back.
- Like most everything, that depends. Going to a chiropractor is much like exercising at a gym or eating a healthy diet: As long as you keep it up, you’ll reap the benefits. It’s like going to the dentist. No one would doubt that routine dental care will help your teeth remain healthy for a long time. The same is true for chiropractic care. It can help you feel better, move easier, and stay healthier throughout your lifetime. Of course you can enjoy the benefits of chiropractic care even if you simply go for a short time, but to truly enjoy the real benefits of chiropractic care, you should make it a continuing part of your lifestyle
- What types of conditions do Chiropractors treat?
- Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) care for patients of all ages, with a variety of health conditions. DCs are especially well known for their expertise in caring for patients with back pain, neck pain and headaches. They also care for patients with a wide range of injuries and disorders involving the muscles, ligaments and joints. These conditions impact the nervous system, which can cause pain and dysfunction distant to the region of injury. For example, the nerves from your lower back also go to your gut. A lot of times, if someone is suffering from constipation, having the lower back adjusted often will help relieve their symptoms. The benefits of chiropractic care extends to general health issues since our body structure and posture affects our overall function. Every part of your body has a nerve component. Here is a great picture showing how each part is innervated and types of symptoms Chiropractors can treat.